Bishop's Palace – Residence of the Metropolital Curia
Prymasa Stefana Wyszyńskiego 2
The palace was built in the 18th century as a nobleman's residence. In the 1st half of the 19th century it became the property of the tsarist authorities and the residence of the Lublin military Governor. The neighbouring building, today's Consistory Palace, was owned by the 'Freedom Regained' Masonic Lodge between 1817-22. In subsequent years it housed a criminal court. Since 1852, together with the Bishop's Palace, it has become the property of the Bishop's Curia. The entire complex has been converted several times. In 1996, the statue of the Primate - Bishop of Lublin between 1946-49 was placed outside the Consistory Palace.