The church and convent were built between 1636-1658 for the Bernardine sisters brought to Lublin at the start of the 17th century. Both buildings were financed by Piotr Czerny from Witowice. In the 1st half of the 18th century a tower was added to the church. Its present appearance is a result of a conversion after the fire which took place in 1768. In 1864, the Bernardine Order was dissolved. After the sisters left, the buildings were given to diocesan priests. After 1918 the assets returned to the Order, however the Bernardines gave them to the Society of Jesus (1920). The interior of the church is covered with illusionistic neo-Baroque polychromes created by the Lublin painter Władysław Barwicki (1897). The main altar features a painting from the mid-20th century depicting St Peter the Doubter, created by Antoni Michalak.