The church was erected in the 1st half of the 17th century according to the design of the architect Rudolf Negroni, together with the adjacent monastery intended to be used as the St Lazarus Hospital. As a hospital church, it was constructed outside the city walls in the place of a wooden chapel and hospital from the 2nd half of the 16th century. The church was built in the style of the Lublin Renaissance. It has no towers, features a single nave and semi-circular enclosed presbytery, slightly narrower than the nave. The church has a barrel vault with lunettes, covered with stucco boards in a simple lattice arrangement. Three late-Renaissance altars were relocated from the castle chapel of the Holy Trinity. The main altar features the painting of S. Janowicki from 1661 depicting the crowning of the Virgin Mary. In the 19th century the monastery served as, among others, a residence for Jewish people, thus it was called the Jewish house.