Terms and conditions of a photo competition “Churches of Lublin – the City of Religious Peace”
The competition and the exhibition of competition entries are organized by:
- The Catholic University of Lublin Development Foundation
- Lublin Photographic Society
The competition is co-financed by:
- Marshall Office in Lublin
- National Centre for Culture Poland
Objective and programme assumptions of the competition:
The photo competition "Churches of Lublin – the City of Religious Reconciliation" is an event accompanying the International Ecumenical Congress "Lublin–the City of Religious Peace", held from 29 October to 31 October 2017.
The objective of the competition is to present creative achievements in photography showing the beauty of architecture, sculpture, painting of churches in Lublin, as well as the tradition and liturgy of three Christian faiths: the Roman Catholic, the Greek Orthodox and the Evangelical, presented at the Congress.
Terms of participation:
1. The competition is open to everyone.
2. Each participant can submit a maximum of 5 photographs.
3. The photographs must be submitted in an electronic form (CD / DVD), their minimum size being 20x30 cm / 300dpi (tif or jpg format). It is acceptable to submit prints of minimum 20x30 cm. All photographic techniques are acceptable.
4. The CD / DVD or the print must be signed legibly.
5.The package must contain an emblem-signed closed envelope with the application form. Participation in the competition is free of charge.
6. The evaluation and selection of entries for the exhibition, as well as the distribution of prizes will be made by a jury appointed by the organizers. The verdict of the jury is final and not subject to change.
7. The organizers reserve the right to free use of the photographs to promote and advertise the competition and the exhibition of competition entries.
8. All entrants will be notified about the jury’s verdict by 5 September 2017.
9. The submission of photographs is tantamount to acceptance of these terms.
10. Photographs must be submitted by 31 August 2017 to: Lubelskie Towarzystwo Fotograficzne im. Edwarda Hartwiga, ul. Dolna Panny Marii 3 , 20-010 Lublin.
The jury will select 6 photos that will be awarded with:
- first prize – a camera in price range up to PLN 2000
- second prize – a compact camera in price range up to PLN 1000
- third prize – external memory disc in price range up to PLN 500
And three honorary mention awards – photo albums and other small gifts.
The official opening of an exhibition of the entries:
Photographs selected for the exhibition will be displayed at Litewski Square in Lublin from 26 October to 7 November 2017. They will be shown on special display boards printed in large format. The authors of these photographs will be asked to submit the photographs in the highest possible quality. The official opening of the exhibition and the awards ceremony will be held on October 29, at 2.45 pm.