Due to the redevelopment of Plac Litewski - Litewski Square, which commenced on 7th April, the temporary traffic system is in operation in the vicinity of Litewski Square.
The redevelopment of Litewski Square and adjoining areas among others within Mieczysław Albert Krąpiec Square triggers far-reaching changes in traffic organisation within Litewski Square, adjoining streets and at the junction of ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście, Kołątaja, 3 Maja.
The changes will be implemented in three phases:
During the first phase (from 07.04.2016 to 30.03.2017) the area will be enclosed by the building fence within Litewski Square, that is ZONE I, which will be marked by:
- from the West – the pavement which is parallel to ul 3 Maja (the pavement and the bus stop for buses heading for ul. Dolna 3 Maja will remain accessible);
- from the North – closure of the area beyond the line of the façades of the Pedagogics Department and Political Science Department of UMCS (Plac Litewski 3 and 5), temporary traffic ban within the green areas between the above mentioned buildings, closure of the car park located at the building of Political Science Department of UMCS (the area at the LTN building side [Lublin Science Association]);
- from the East – ul. Plac Litewski, which will be drivable till 16.05.2016, along Europa Hotel to the square at the entrance to the Institute of Political Science of UMCS, the fence erected within the green area behind the pavement at the square;
- from the South – enclosing the square parallel to ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście and making the pavement accessible;
- the area around the monuments including the Józef Piłsudski Monument, the Monument of the Constitution of the 3rd May, the Monument of the Unknown Soldier which will remain in 2a zone. Enclosing of this area is planned on 16.05.2016;
- Plac Litewski, from the junction of ul. Radziwiłowska/3 Maja to the Institute of Political Science of UMCS;
- the buildings of the Pedagogics Department and Political Science Department of UMCS will be accessed from ul. Radziwiłowska;
- car parks located at the buildings of UMCS will be closed in the zone no. 1 and the ones located at the Europa Hotel (on the both sides of ul. Plac Litewski) as well as taxi rank located at the Europa Hotel will be closed starting from 16.05.2016
Works will result in traffic restrictions (concerning access to properties located around the square)
Pedestrian traffic within the zone will be governed according to the following rules:
- pedestrian walkway from ul. Radziwiłowska along the building of Lublin Science Association and along the building of the Europa Hotel to ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście (the exist opposite Saints Peter and Paul Church);
- pedestrian walkway along the buildings of UMCS on ul. Radziwiłowska; closed walkway along the buildings of the Pedagogics Department and Political Science Department of UMCS from Litewski Square;
- pedestrian walkway along ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście (from the junction of ul. 3 Maja/Kołątaja/Krakowskie Przedmieście to Krakowskie Przedmieście) on the side of Litewski Square (3 metres wide pavement);
- pedestrian walkway along ul. 3 Maja from the junction of ul. Kołątaja to ul. Radziwiłowska (the pavement which is currently in use);
During the second phase (from 04.05.2016 to 31.12.2016) the changes concerning car and pedestrian traffic will take place within ZONE III, that is Mieczysław Krąpiec Square.
The area will be enclosed by the building fence within Mieczysław Krąpiec Square:
- enclosing Mieczysław Krąpiec Square by the fence along the pavement from ul. Radziwiłowska and ul. Staszica;
- closing the walkway from ul. Staszica to Plac Litewski (along Collegium Maximum)
- creating separate walkways to the buildings located on ul. Staszica 6 (Collegium Maximum) during digging activities and works on buried networks;
During the third phase (from 16.05.2016 to 30.03.2017) the area will become enlarged by closing ZONE II and ZONE IIa, that is ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście, from the junction of ul. Kołątaja/3 Maja/Krakowskie Przedmieście to ul Kapucyńska including the Józef Piłsudski Monument, the Monument of the Constitution of the 3rd May, the Monument of the Unknown Soldier. The following rules will govern car and pedestrian traffic:
- pedestrian traffic (from 16.05.2016 to 31.08.2016) will go by the area marked by the pavement along the Polish Post Office, Czechowicz Square, buildings of the Capuchin Order and Saints Peter and Paul Church (located on ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 42-44-50); the building fence will be located 4 meters from the façades of the above mentioned buildings;
- erecting the fence within the area which is 20 metres wide at the building located on ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 27-29 (opposite the Centrum Department Store) in order to carry out construction and assembly works; separate walkways to the buildings will be created;
- The walkway running along the façades of the Polish Post Office as well as Saints Peter and Paul Church (located on ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 42-44-50) will be closed from 01.09.2016 to 30.03.3017; pedestrian traffic will go by the new part of Litewski Square, the walkway will be located within the space created by the fence; the works within the area will be completed till 30.03.2017
Entry or transit through the building site will be possible only in the case of emergency vehicles and residents who have identifiers (while providing supplies)
Parking and leaving vehicles within the building site will be forbidden.
They will be given to those who can get to properties only via the building site. The General Constructor will provide residents with identifiers. Separate identifiers will be issued to given vehicles.
Consultations concerning the modification of routes of night buses can be found here: https://www.ztm.lublin.eu/pl/aktualnosci/konsultacje-w-sprawie-modyfikacji-tras-linii-nocnych.html