The Old University of Wise Men of Lublin is located at ul. Lubartowska 85 at the corner with ul. Unicka. This large building, commissioned in 1930, was financed using contributions of the Jewish community from around the world. The university referred to the great traditions of Talmudic studies which were developed in Lublin in the older days. It had an extensive, rich collection of books, including Hebrew prints from the 16th and 17th century. Inside, the old assembly hall is preserved, which used to operate as a synagogue.