European Meeting Centre - Nowy Staw Foundation was established in 1993. The Foundation supports all social initiatives that aim at building civil societies, co-operation and solidarity between nations. It seconds the processes of democratic change in Belarus and Ukraine and Poland's integration with the European Union.
It promotes Lublin and Lublin Voivodeship as the meeting place of different cultures and nations. The Foundation bases its actions on Christian principles. Through education of all generations it enforces the ideas of democracy, self-governance, social market economy, solidarity between nations and cultural understanding beyond all borders.
* Promotion of citizen attitudes
* Support of Eastern European countries in their pursuit of democracy and the building of civil societies/span>
* Mobilisation of citizens, particularly the younger generation to social activity and responsibility for their own communities
* Substantial and organizational support for institutions concerned with local labour market, activization of the unemployed, especially those from rural environments
* Promotion of the idea of society based on knowledge, employing modern techniques and multimedia
* Work for Poland's conscious and effective participation in the European Union