A characteristic, soaring red-brick building located at 14 Bernardyńska Street is the building of the former School of Commerce of August and Juliusz Vetter. It was built in the years 1906 - 1907 in the neo-Gothic style according to the design of Józef Holewiński and Teofil Wiśniewski. The founder of the school was a well-known from his philanthropic activity Lublin’s industrialist August Karol Vetter – the Protestant of German descent. Education in a new red brick building began on September 5, 1906. The school received the name of the brothers August and Juliusz Vetter in 1928. After World War II the name was maintained for all institutions that operated in the building of the Merchants' Assembly. Interestingly, it was the first educational institution in the Kingdom of Poland that received the consent of the tsarist authorities to use the Polish language. The graduates of the school were Jerzy de Tramecourt - the last voivode of Lublin before the war, and Bolesław Bierut, who came from Lublin, the president of the Polish People's Republic.
The school educates in trade and economic specialization. Nowadays, The Economic School Complex consists of: Economic High School, Vocational High School, 16th General High School, Post-secondary Vocational College.