The cemetery located at ul. Walecznych near ul. Unicka, established in 1829 and destroyed by the Nazis, is now restored. It was surrounded by a wall in the shape of symbolically-damaged matzevas. At the entrance stands a building which constitutes a memorial mausoleum with a small synagogue which houses the Lublin Jews Memorial Hall. Currently, the Jewish cemetery is the burial ground for today's very small Jewish community in the area. Here, we can also see: an obelisk commemorating the extermination of the Jews, the military quarters of Jewish soldiers serving in the Polish army between 1944-45 and an empty ohel left after the grave of Rabbi Maier Szapira, founder of the yeshiva in Lublin.