District Center of Culture "Bronowice" in Lublin invites to participate in the first edition of the painting contest in the batik technique addressed to children aged 10, young people, adults and seniors.
Goals of the competition:
- Promoting batik as a unique painting technique inscribed on the list of an intangible cultural heritage of UNESCO.
- Promoting the Polish cultural heritage.
- Awakening the imagination, creativity, and artistic sensitivity among children, young people and adults.
- Inspiration for creative activities in the area of visual art.
- Confrontation of the achievements of creative contestants at the international level.
- Competition participants:children at age above 10 and youths and non-professional adults creators from the age of 25.
- Works will be judged in the following age categories: 10-12, 13-15, 16-19, 13-15, 20-24 and nonprofessional creators above 25 years old.
- Open/No Theme competition.
- Works must be done with the batik technique on canvas.
- Free size and form of the work.
- The works should be legibly described in a printed letter according to application form templates and in two copies. One should be permanently attached on the back, the other should be enclosed in an envelope for shipment with the works.
- We accept individual applications. Collaborative works are not accepted and will not be judged.
- The submitted works cannot take part in other competitions or reviews organized before the date of this competition.
- Please do not frame, bend or roll the works.
- The submitted works become property of the Organizer.
Upon the delivery of the competition entry, the Organizer obtains a non-exclusive license authorizing the Organizer to use royalty-free copyrights for the competition work free of charge in the following fields of exploitation: a) placing on the Organizer's website, b) issuing a competition entry as part of the post-competition exhibition, c) placing a reproduction of a competition entry in publications, posters, diplomas, invitations, promoting the competition.
The submission of entry constitutes the acceptance of the Rules of the Competition. The deadline for submitting the entries is May 7th, 2019.
Warning! Submissions sent by post to the following address must be received by 7th May 2019:
PRACOWNIE KULTURY TATARY
ul. HUTNICZA 28A
The competition results will be posted on the website of DDK "Bronowice" www.ddkbronowice.pl in the competitions / results folder.
Summary of the competition combined with the vernissage of the works qualified for the post-competition exhibition will be held in May 31st 2019 in the Passage Gallery in the Pracownia Kultury Tatary, Lublin, ul. Hutnicza 28a.
Competition coordinator: Iwona Ponieważ, phone: +48 81 746 61 94, mobile: 511 938 303 ; firstname.lastname@example.org