2020 marks the celebration of 451 years of the Union of Lublin. Upon the initiative of the Lublin borderland organisations, 1 July was established as the Union of Lublin Day by the City Council in 2015.
To commemorate this occasion, the City of Lublin invites residents to the following events:
- at 12:30 - flowers will be laid at the Monument of the Union of Lublin in Litewski Square;
- at 16:00, 17:00, 18:00 and 19:00 - thematic walks "Traces of the Union of Lublin - sightseeing with Lublin guides" will start from the courtyard of the Lublin Museum including visiting the Chapel of the Holly Trinity. Stroll at 16:00 will be translated into Polish Sign Language by Ewelina Lachowska-Łuczak;
- at 18:00 - a mass will be held on the 451st anniversary of the Union of Lublin in the Dominican Basilica of St Stanislaus the Bishop and Martyr in the Old Town;
- at 19:00 - a lecture "Union of Lublin - history is still alive" will be delivered by Marcin Gapski in the Dominican Basilica;
- at 19:15 - Male Vocal Ensemble "Kairos" conducted by Borys Somerschaf will perform the concert. The programme includes Armenian, Georgian, Jewish and Ukrainian songs.
Admission to all events is free of charge. The number of participants in the lecture and concert being held in the Dominican Basilica is limited due to the introduced pandemic restrictions.