19 Polish universities were included in the prestigious QS World University Rankings 2022 which were released on June 8. This year's rankings are the largest ever published by QS, with 1,300 institutions featured overall. The Lublin University of Technology was classified on the list for the first time as the only university in Lublin.
British company Quacquarelli Symonds evaluates universities through the following criteria:
- reputation in the academic environment (40%);
- reputation among employers (10%);
- the ratio of the number of lecturers to the number of students (20%);
- normalized number of citations (20%);
- international lecturers (5%);
- international students (5%).
The best-rated indicators for the Lublin University of Technology were the ratio of the number of lecturers to the number of students and the number of foreign students.
Among other Polish universities, the highest scores (in the range of 801-1000) were given to:
- the Silesian University of Technology,
- the University of Gdańsk,
- the University of Łódź,
- the University of Wrocław,
- and the Wrocław University of Technology.
QS World University Ranking is prepared every year by the British company Quacquarelli Symmonds, which edits publications on education and studying abroad. This is one of the four most important global educational rankings next to Times Higher Education.