The Jewish hospital was built from the funds of the Jewish Religious Community. The author of the project was Marian Jarzyński. The hospital was opened in 1886. Initially, it was used by 56 patients. In the 1930s, the hospital also included three residential buildings, a stable, a morgue, and a cellar. Inside the building there was a synagogue. The hospital’s heads and doctors were the most prominent Jewish doctors: Beniamin Tec, Marek Arnsztajn, Jakub Cynberg, and Henryk Mandelbaum.
In 1942 the hospital was robbed by the Nazis of modern medical equipment and then liquidated. Its patients and some of the staff were murdered. In 1949, the hospital was given to the University of Maria Curie Skłodowska for the gynecology and obstetrics clinic.