The old residence of the Central Committee of Polish Jews and the Provincial Committee of Lublin Jews is located at the corner of Rybnea and Noworybna Streets in the Old Town. The Committees were active between 1945-49 when attempts were made to reactivate the Jewish community in independent Poland. However, not all Jews who survived the holocaust had revealed their identities. Others were hiding outside of Lublin or had returned to the Soviet Union. The Committee established a Jewish school, published a newspaper for Jews and collected the accounts of survivors. In 1948, around 500 Jewish people lived in Lublin. The last wave of emigration was a result of an anti-Semitic campaign in 1968. Today, only a handful of people of Jewish origin remain in Lublin.