Founded in Lublin by Rabbi Majer Jehuda Szapiro in 1930, it was the largest Talmudic university in the world. Designed in the Eclectic style by Agnor Smoluchowski. In the same year, the school was officially opened. After a turbulent history, in 2003 the building was returned to the Warsaw Jewish Community. On January 22, 2006, a temporary small synagogue was opened on the ground floor of the building. On February 11, 2007, a synagogue was officially opened to serve the Jewish community of Lublin as well as numerous Hasids and groups of Jewish tourists who visit the city. The 200m² synagogue is located on the second and third floors of the southern wing of the building. The women's gallery is supported by eight Corinthian columns. In the halls adjacent to the synagogue you can see the exhibits documenting the history of the yeshiva and commemorating the figure of its founder, Rabbi Majer Szapiro.
Since autumn 2013, The Hotel Ilan has been located in the Yeshiva Chachmei Lublin building.