The former Bridgettines' Church dedicated to the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary the Victorious was built in the years 1412 - 1426 in the place of the chapel built in1396 for the Bridgettine Order, nuns and monks, brought over from Gdańsk in 1426. The church and the monastery were founded by King Władysław Jagiełło as a thanksgiving votive offering for the Grunwald victory. The church was built in the Gothic style. Its peculiarity is asymmetrical division of the interior into two aisles. The original interior was decorated with wall paintings and covered with a flat ceiling, replaced about the mid-16th century by the Gothic cross-ribbed vault. On the south side, the monastery buildings rebuilt in the 17th century adjoin the church. In a square next to the church there is a monument of Jan Kochanowski, moved here from the Old Market Square.